Hand-Wired Works of Art - Each one of our amps is like a work of art to us. All of our amps are point-to-point hand-wired. We do not use printed circuits. We use military style tie-wrapped wiring harnesses for long life and reliability. It takes longer to build an amp that way, but the end result is worth it. Great care is taken in the routing of the wiring and placement of parts to provide the best signal path with the lowest noise. Only the highest quality parts including low noise polypropylene capacitors, metal film resistors, Neutrik jacks, Micalex sockets and premium heavy duty transformers are used in our amps and we strive to use as many parts as we can that are made in America. We use JJ Electronic tubes known for their warm tones and reliability. All tubes are prescreened for noise and hum, and tested for optimum performance before insertion in the amp. Before shipping, each amp is performance tested on instruments and speakers to insure all specifications are met and then it is burned in for 24 hours and retested. This attention to detail produces an amp that will last for generations.
Highest Electrical & Audio Standards -
- Pure tube circuitry. No op-amps.
- Pure tube Reverb
- Pure tube Vibrato
- Pure tube Effects Loop - pure tube buffered serial effects loop designed to perfectly match the low impedance solid-state pedal levels with high impedance tube levels.
- Handwired. No printed circuit boards.
- Input & Output Jacks insulated from chassis to prevent chassis induced hum.
- Star-Ground system to prevent chassis induced eddy current and ground loop noise.
- Separate dual input preamps and Gain controls for the unique smooth Fender Deluxe warm tones or the Marshall Plexi great high mid-tones or you can choose your own voices as an upgrade. Separate input jacks allow you to use an AB-Y switch to select either channel or to blend them and create your own distinct tones.
- Classic Bassman 5F6A style 3-Band Tone Stack for extended flexibility in shaping your tone.
- Master level control so you can crank the Gain control up and overdrive the preamp without overdriving the output tubes.
- Presence control - to provide fine tuned high-frequency response and control the damping factor of the power amp section.
- Edge Boost - Unique NNFB "Edge" boost pull switch on the Presence control that turns off the negative feedback the power amp section to provide a less compressed sound for soaring dynamic leads.
- Line Out - post output transformer Line Out jack with a Line Level control for DI recording or driving a power amp. Auto switched internal load to simulate speaker if speaker is not plugged in. Inject great tone directly into the PA system with this Speaker Simulated Direct Interface.
- Tube Choice - you can use 12AX7's, 12AT7's or 12AU7's in the preamp and driver for different tones and overdrive sounds. You can use many types of power tubes including 5881's, KT66's, KT88's, 6550's, or EL34's and KT77's when using the EL34/6L6 Bias Selector Switch in the output stage for different sounds.
- EL34/6L6 Bias Selector Switch - Allows you to use either 6L6 or EL34 type power output tubes. No bias adjustment required. Just set switch to desired tube.
- Dual Rectifier Mode Switch - Switch allows you to select 5AR4/GZ34 rectifier for classic Fender sag or high speed FRED Solid-State rectifiers for Marshall tight no sag tones.
- Power Output Selector Switch - passive post output power attentuator that does not degrade the tone and provides three power levels 1/4 - 1/2 - FULL power.
- Custom heavy duty output transformer for extended low frequency performance with 4 - 8 - 16 ohm outputs selectable by a rotary switch.
- Standard IEC plug-in three prong grounded power cord.
- Main Power Source Option - Choice of operating line voltage for worldwide operation.
- Standby switch to protect tubes from cathode stripping during warm-up.
- Custom voices including many vintage amps including Fender, Marshall, VOX, Hiwatt, Matchless or blends of them.
- Vintage large bottle 6SL7 preamp tube option to produce those great 50's tones....think Les Paul and Chet Atkins!