DELUXE PLUS 525C
The FRENZEL "Deluxe Plus 525" is the newest version of our Deluxe Plus which has rave reviews from all over the world. It was "INSPIRED" by the 50's Fender Deluxe 5E3...but it is a much more than a clone. The Deluxe Plus has two separate preamp channels, one voiced like the Fender Deluxe and one voiced like the Marshall Plexi. The F and M channels have separate input jacks and gain controls which allows you to use an AB/Y switch to select one channel for Clean and one for Boost...or blend them together for your own unique tones. The voices are contoured by a modified Bassman style three band tone stack accentuated with a modified Presence control which has an "Edge" boost pull-switch to contour the negative feedback for dynamic soaring leads. We also added a Master control which allows you to control and shape the preamp and output stage overdrive tones. We replaced the 6V6's in the original Deluxe output stage with 6L6GC's to give you more overhead and to boost the power. For those that prefer the Marshall tones, we added a EL34/6L6 bias switch that allows you to use EL34's in place of the 6L6's. The output transformer is a heavy duty extended range type with 4-8- 16 ohm outputs designed to produce with crystal clarity all the high, mid, bass tones...plus the harmonics that your instrument creates. The output transformer feeds a passive three power level attentuator that provides a selection of 1/4, 1/2 or FULL watt. When playing clean, this amp will faithfully reproduce what you put into it...and when you stomp on it...it will produce tones you have never heard before! It works great with guitar, mandolin, bass, organ, piano, harp and strings. Think of it as a 5E3 on steroids!
Input Power 120 VAC 50-60Hz - 155 Watts Standard IEC plug-in three prong grounded power cord. (100VAC & 240VAC available. See Upgrade Options)
Output Power DP-525 25 watts (DP540 40 watts. See Upgrade Options)
Output Power Selector Switch - provides three power levels. 1/4 - 1/2 - FULL power.
Speaker Output Impedance - selectable by switch 4-8-16 ohms.
Line Out Impedance - 10K ohms
Instrument Input Impedance - 1 Megohm
Chassis Dimensions - 12" Wide x 8" Deep x 2" High. (Add 6" clearance for tubes)
Weight - 15 lbs.
Chassis - Heavy gauge aluminum with welded corners.
Retro Vintage Cage Mini Head - heavy duty lightweight steel mesh cage provides protection and excellent ventilation for tubes. Comes with easy carry Fender style strap handle. Overall Dimensions - 12" Wide x 10" Deep x 10" High
Rock solid point-to-point hand wiring with military style tie-wrapped wiring harnesses for long life and reliability.
DC on filaments to eliminate 60 hz hum.
Star ground system to eliminate induced current chassis noise.
Input and Output Jacks isolated from chassis for low noise, eddy currents, and hum.
Classic Pointer Control Knobs
Vintage Glass Jewel Pilot Light
Components: Only the highest quality parts are used including heavy duty transformers, low noise tubular polypropylenes capacitors, metal film resistors, Micalex sockets, Neutrik jacks. All parts are rated for commercial high use conditions. Wherever possible we use parts made in the USA.
Front Panel: F Input Jack, M Input Jack, F Gain, M Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence/Edge Boost Switch, Pilot Lamp, On-Standby-Off Power Switch
Rear Panel: Power Cord Connector, Fuse, Output Power Level Switch, Line Out Level, Line Out Jack, Speaker Output Jack, Speaker 4-8-16 Impedance Selector Switch
Normal (Type F) Bright (Type M) inputs with separate preamps and Gain controls for the unique smooth Fender Deluxe warm tones or the Marshall Plexi great high mid-tones....or you can use an AB-Y switch and create your own distinct tones.
Classic Bassman 5F6A style 3-BAND TONE STACK for extended flexibility in shaping your tone.
Master level control so you can crank the GAIN's up and overdrive the preamp without overdriving the output tubes.
Presence control - used to adjust the high-frequency response and damping factor of the power amp section.
Boost - Unique NNFB "Edge" boost switch on the PRESENCE control that transforms the power amp section into a No-Negative-FeedBack style amp for soaring dynamic leads.
Line Out - post output transformer LINE OUT with LINE OUT LEVEL control for recording or driving a power amp, Auto switched internal load to simulate speaker if speaker is not plugged in. Inject great tone directly into the PA system with the Speaker Simulated Direct Interface.
Custom heavy duty output transformer for extended low frequency performance with 4 - 8 - 16 ohm outputs selectable by a rotary switch.
Power Attenuator - Passive built-in power attenuator that does not affect your tone provides three power levels. 1/4 -1/2 FULL.
EL34/6L6 Bias Selector Switch - Allows you to use either 6L6 or EL34 power output tubes.
Standby Switch - Protects tubes from cathode stripping during warm-up.
Tube Complement: comes standard with 3 - 12AX7, 2 - 6L6, 1 - 5AR4, but you can substitute 12AT7's or 12AU7's in the preamp and driver for different tones and overdrive sounds. You can also substitute 5881's, KT66's, KT88's, 6550's, or EL34's and KT77's when using the EL34/6L6 Bias Selector Switch in the output stage for different sounds.
These options allow you to customize your amp to meet your special individual requirements. To add them to your order, go to the UPGRADES page and select the ones you want and add them to the CART.
1. DELUXE PLUS 540 MODEL 40 WATTS OUTPUT - Increases power output to 40 watts. Add $100.00.
2. EFFECTS LOOP - pure tube buffered serial effects loop designed to perfectly match the low impedance solid-state pedal levels with high impedance tube levels.. Add $75.00.
3. EDGE FOOTSWITCH- adds jack to rear panel for footswitch control on the NNFB EDGE switch. Includes classic heavy duty footswitch with LED. Add $60.00
4. EFFECTS LOOP FOOTSWITCH - adds jack to rear panel for footswitch control of the EFFECTS LOOP bypass switch. Includes classic heavy duty footswitch with LED. Add $60.00
5. DUAL PLEXI - JCM800 PREAMP - Extra gain stage added with pull-switch on M Gain control to select between Plexi low gain or JCM800 high gain. Add $60.00
6. "SURFER" VINTAGE TUBE TREMOLO - pure tube tremolo for those vintage vibe tones. Great for surf music! Comes with Depth and Speed controls on front panel.and footswitch pedal. Add $50.00
7. 100 - 240 VOLT POWER TRANSFORMER - for operation outside the USA. Please specify line voltage. Add $55.00
8. DUAL RECTIFIER MODE SWITCH - Provides a switch to select between a 5AR4 rectifier for smooth compression on peaks or a FRED high voltage solid-state rectifier for sharp pick attack and dynamic bass. $50.00
9. CLASSIC TOLEX HEAD CAB - Handcrafted classic Tolex head cab. Heavy duty nickel plated steel corners. Dual strap handles for easy secure carry. Large rubber feet. Dimensions 20" W x 10"H x 12"D. Add $275.00